Friday, February 27, 2009

Update

I had posted some things I wanted to do a while ago - and I thought I'd update on them, since I've had some changes come up!

  1. Get a job!
  2. Lose 35-40 lbs
  3. Get into the Surgical Technology program
  4. Hear Mare Bear talk
  5. Watch every single UFC fight starting at UFC 1
Ok...

1 - Got a job; I'm not sure how much I'll be working - but anything is better than nothing. The main reason I'm not working full time, though, is because I'm taking care of the Bear full time now - which is good :)

2 - I've actually lost maybe 5 lbs so far. Which kind of surprises me.

3 - I got in. Just found out today.

4 - does "aa da da da da aaa dadadadada" count? ;)

5 - I've watched quite a few. To be honest, it can get a little boring because so many fights are kind of boring. But I've been watching every UFC event that comes up now. This last one on Spike was actually phenomenal; there were some amazing fights.

5 comments:

  1. You've done well at accomplishing your goals. Congrats on getting into the program. The weight loss thing is always a struggle, but you've made a start. Good luck with the job.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting into the program! By the way, I think "dadadada" counts. ;)
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job & getting into the program! It looks like Mara is saying "Dada." Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are HUGE accomplishments Jay! Way to go! I know that program is really tough to get in to - but they're lucky to have you.

    And 5 lbs is a lot! Especially if you're doing it without the aid of someone screaming in your face a la the biggest loser. :)

    Good work!

    Can't wait to see you three in 4 months, 9 days. :D

    Elisa

    ReplyDelete